- A popular species of #orchid, sometimes called the "moth orchid".
- Can be grown under fluorescent lights
- Grow in bright shade.
- Need warm temperature
- Should be repotted every 2-3 years.
- Popular species for beginners because they can be crossbred with closely related species to create hybrids that are very durable and forgiving of mistakes.
Some popular hybrids:
Arachnis x Phalaenopsis, abbreviated Arnps.
Ascocentrum x Doritis x Phalaenopsis, abbreviated Bdra.
Doritis x Phalaenopsis, abbreviated Dtps.
Phalaenopsis x Renanthera x Vanda, abbreviated Moir.
Phalaenopsis x Renanthera, abbreviated Rnthps.
Support the author
This author accepts donations via the services listed below. Your donation will help them continue to create great content!
* Lernabit doesn't take any of the money from your donation, but the donation services or payment processors might take a fee. These trademarks are the property of their respective owners.